[gst-devel] Confidence Monitoring Using Appsink

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Mar 6 15:06:42 CET 2010

Am 01.03.2010 23:11, schrieb Kristofor Amundson:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a project that using GStreamer to capture from various
> sources and save them to files to later be processed. Right now I am
> interested in developing a way of confidence monitoring for these
> pipelines, so while the video/audio is being captured people will be
> able to observe certain features that will assure them a capture is
> properly happening. For example, to monitor a video being captured I
> will like to push an image from the video every 30 seconds from the
> pipeline to the web. And for audio, monitoring volume of input or
> something similar would be useful I think. Right now I am thinking of
> using the appsink element to accomplish this. Are there any suggestions
> or advice that people can offer to help me get started with this?

For volume, I would stick a lvele eleemnt and listen for the level messages on
the GstBus. For video I would use a tee and put queue ! videorate ! xvimagesink
to the preview-branch (videorate if you want a low fps preview). Depedning you
you needs you might need to scale or colorspace convert the video as well.

Stefan