[gst-devel] problem when playing an mpeg4 video

Sedji Gaouaou sedji.gaouaou at atmel.com
Wed Mar 3 10:27:14 CET 2010

Hello,

I am currently working on a gstreamer plugin for the atmel
at91sam9m10(source can be found here:
http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/SAM9M10Gstreamer). It
embeds a video decoder, and I am trying to make it works.

Currently I am testing it doing:
gst-launch filesrc location= mnt/video/AVI/MPEG4/myfile.avi ! avidemux
name=demux demux.video_00 ! queue ! x170 output=RGB16 inbuf-thresh=0000
output_width=480 output_height=240 ! ximagesink display=:0.0

It works for a while, but at some point I have this error:

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0:
A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesink.c(2572): gst_base_sink_is_too_late ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

I am using the gstreamer_0.10.25.

I have noticed that this message comes from the gstbasesink.c, and I
also noticed that if I change the timestamp of my decoded frame to
"GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE", then I don't see the problem anymore(but of
course the file is played in fast forward...)

I am quite stuck with this issue, so any idea will be great!!

Regards,
Sedji