[gst-devel] How to display video frame on a specific position (x, y) of an window

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Mar 8 16:08:41 CET 2010

hi,

Debsu wrote:
> Hi Stefan
>
> Thanks a lot. Currently I am using gstreamer-0.10.22, is there any way to
> add your fixes into this version, once it is done? I do have some constrains
> to update gstreamer version because of development environment.
>
> Regards,
> Deb

I don't see this as a fix, its a new feature. Just ensure you have a
xwindow for the part where you want the video and you are fine (what ui
toolkit are you using?)

Anyway, as it is a new feature the xoverlay patch should apply
painlessly. If you have problems with xvimagsink, just apply my patch to
git head and put the diff of that against you version into your release
as a patch (basically upgrade that single plugin).

Stefan