[gst-devel] Possible to allocate all the buffers at 16-byte boundary?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Mar 16 09:13:51 CET 2010

hi,

yiliang wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I ran the configuration as below:
>
> ./configure --with-buffer-alignment=16
>
> It gives me the 16-byte aligned buffer now, although I am not very certain
> whether this is the right commandline syntax.
>
> Thanks!
> Yiliang

this is correct. To ellaborate a bit on davids reply - this applies only
to buffers allocated with gst_buffer_new_and_alloc /
gst_buffer_try_new_and_alloc and so on. If elements allocate own memory
(e.g. xvimagesink) this is not guaranteed (in my case xvimagesink
allocated buffers' alignment is fine). So you should still check those
situations.

Stefan