[gst-devel] Regarding live playback using queue2 buffering & temp-template property

Jyoti jyoti.d at allaboutif.com
Sat Mar 13 13:03:54 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am using a application to play from httpsrc. I use neonhttpsrc plugin.
I use queue2 element to buffer the data. I set use-buffering=true on queue2
and also temp-template property to /tmp/XXXXXX.
It seems that the entire file is been downloaded in the file and only then
the playback is started.

If I take out the temp-template property the playback starts pretty fast.
My concern is allowing seeking of the file. But without using temp-template
property on queue2
if i do seeking the pipeline starts buffering data from the requested seek
position.

gst-launch neonhttpsrc
location="http://testmp4.mp4<http://clips.nextbit.net/nbcl/the.bounty.hunter_hq.avi>"
! queue2 use-buffering=true max-size-time=10000000000
temp-template=/tmp/XXXXXX ! qtdemux name=demux ! queue ! videodec !
videosink demux. ! queue ! audiodec ! audiosink

Is there any other way where I can seek fast?
And also can I restrict the amount of data to downloaded in file pointed by
temp-template property.

Regards,
Jyoti