[gst-devel] get target / parent of a proxypad

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 15:28:25 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 06:13 -0800, ericcardmanNo3 wrote:
> When calling gst_pad_get_peer in upstream i come to a "proxypad2" pad. Here i
> can not call
> gst_pad_get_parent_element on this pad. But i need to go further in the
> upstream. I need to find the
> first element in the pipeline. (I do not have the name of the pipeline or a
> reference to the pipeline - all i have is the parent of my own sink (a
> reference to my decoder plugin)).
>
> Can anyone tell me how to work with a proxypad (ghostpad??). How can i find
> the peered source to the proxypad?

Use gst_pad_iterate_internal_links() to navigate from the proxypad to
the actual ghostpad:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPad.html#gst-pad-iterate-internal-links

There are the real links between pads when linking pads between two
elements and the "internal" links, which connect the srcpads and
sinkpads of a single element (or in this case ghostpad).

You should also use that elsewhere instead of going to the parent
element via gst_pad_get_parent_element().