[gst-devel] g_signal_connect question

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 15:39:13 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 06:21 -0800, wanting2learn wrote:

> Look at the following code:
>
> GstElement *source = gst_element_factory_make("rtspsrc", "source");
>
> g_signal_connect(source, "pad-added", G_CALLBACK(on_rtsppad_added),
>                    null );
>
> Now depending on what element I want to make e.g. "rtspsrc" then I can call
> certain callbacks e.g. "pad-added" which will have its own callback function
> with a defined signature.
>
> If I have any element ("rtspsrc", "decodebin2" etc) then how can I find out
> what callbacks are available for that element and what the callback
> functions are?

 gst-inspect-0.10 rtspsrc

shows the properties and signals, and so does the rtspsrc documentation
page linked to from http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/
("Overview of all Plug-ins"). In addition to the properties and signals
listed, the usual base class (GstElement, GstObject, GObject) properties
and signals are also available and documented in the GStreamer core/GLib
API reference.

Cheers
 -Tim