[gst-devel] simple way to seek & access single frame in mpeg2ts file?

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 19 15:41:31 CET 2010

Hi,
I am developping an application that captures video and stores it in a file. I use ffenc_mpeg2video and mpegtsmux elements to make a MPGTS file.
Another application (not gstreamer-based) needs that video file, and especially to access a specific frame (at a given timestamp) in that file. However it seems that ffmpeg (that the other app uses) cannot handle correctly the seek in mp2ts files (I have seen a lot of posts in ffmpeg about this issue).
Is it the case with gstreamer as well?, and if yes, would there be a an accurate (and fast) way to make a pipeline that would seek to a given pos and return the frame at that position?
Thanks for any advice.
Regards,
Al

I'm using winbuilds (version 0.10.3) of gstreamer .