[gst-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller christian.schaller at collabora.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 14:37:44 CET 2010

Hi everyone,
So it is now official, GStreamer is part of this years Google Summer of
Code. That means that any students on this list who wish to get paid to
develop GStreamer software should take a look at how the program works:
http://code.google.com/intl/no/soc/

If you think it might be for you remember that we got a suggestions list
in our wiki with some ideas:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/SocProjects

But if nothing on that list seems to match your interest don't worry,
you can propose any GStreamer related project, including coding on
applications using GStreamer and you have a chance to get accepted.
Discussing such projects ideas either on this list or on #gstreamer on
IRC might be a good way though to get enough information to be able to
tailor it towards getting accepted.

For experienced GStreamer devs I will again ask that any ideas you have
for the wiki tasklist be added there as soon as possible, and
also please request to become mentors through the google website.

Google summer of code has been a great success for GStreamer the last
few years with items such as the mpegps muxer, quicktime muxer,
asfmuxer, avisynth and ladspav2 plugins, DVB MHEG support all being done
as summer of code projects.  I hope we also see a lot of interesting and
useful projects this year.

If you have any questions about participating either ask here on the
mailing list or ask on #gstreamer on irc.freenode.net