[gst-devel] gstreamer decoder

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 16:40:13 CET 2010

Nuno Cardoso-2 wrote:

> Suppose that I want to use OMAP from Texas Instruments.... that
> board uses GStreamer with a plugin from texas that use the texas DSP. Is
> it
> possible I call a Gstreamer API to do only the decoding step? like I do
> with
> ffmpeg....

I'm afraid that's a hard hackish work.

To do it, you have to simulate the environment, which a bin gives to an
element.
This will require digging deeply in GStreamer's binary interface in order to
get pointers to the functions and call them with the prepared structures.

http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPlugin.html
Plugin DLLs on windows export only gst_plugin_desc, which is a structure.