[gst-devel] gstreamer decoder

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 16:43:58 CET 2010

wl2776 wrote:

> Nuno Cardoso-2 wrote:
>>
>> Suppose that I want to use OMAP from Texas Instruments.... that
>> board uses GStreamer with a plugin from texas that use the texas DSP. Is
>> it
>> possible I call a Gstreamer API to do only the decoding step? like I do
>> with
>> ffmpeg....
>>
> I'm afraid that's a hard hackish work.

Sorry, forgot a very important thing.
There are an appsrc and an appsink elements, which allow you to feed a
pipeline with your application generated data and get pipeline's data into
your application.
So, you can set up a small bin: appsrc -> decoder -> appsink and get the
output of the appsink  (decoded samples) into your application.