[gst-devel] udpsrc -> fakesink pipeline

Durgesh Mishra durgesh.mishra at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 20:04:41 CET 2010

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt regarding this pipeline (udpsrc -> fakesink)

# gst-launch-0.10 udpsrc port=5060 ! rtppcmadepay ! alawdec ! fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

On launching it from gst-launch, it stops at last statement above. I think,
it is because of lack of data on port 5060. Is it correct understanding ?

Similiarly, when I try to set the pipeline to PLAYING state from code, it
returns GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC and on trying to get again the state it
blocks indefinitely.

Here is the code...

state_return = gst_element_set_state (mPlayBin, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
    GST_PLAYER_DEBUG("state_return = %d\n", state_return);

    if (state_return == GST_STATE_CHANGE_FAILURE)
    {
        GST_PLAYER_ERROR ("Fail to set pipeline to PLAYING\n");
        goto EXIT;
    }
    else if (state_return == GST_STATE_CHANGE_ASYNC)
    {
        GstState state;

        // wait for state change complete
        GST_PLAYER_DEBUG("Wait for pipeline's state change to
PLAYING...\n");
        state_return = gst_element_get_state (mPlayBin, &state, NULL,
GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE);
        GST_PLAYER_DEBUG("Pipeline's state change to PLAYING\n");
        if (state_return != GST_STATE_CHANGE_SUCCESS || state !=
GST_STATE_PLAYING )
        {
            GST_PLAYER_ERROR ("Fail to set pipeline to PLAYING\n");
            goto EXIT;
        }
    }

Please help.
Kind Regards
-Durgesh O Mishra

--
"If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."