[gst-devel] clearing data in queue element in a pipeline

cppb cpp.begin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 21:25:14 CET 2010

I have a code that converts back to back video files. The pipeline looks like
the following:

filesrc location="fil1.mov" ! decodebin name="decode"  decode. ! queue !
ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc quality=32 ! oggmux name=mux ! filesink
location=fil.ogg"decode. ! queue ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! queue ! mux.

This works, but the second video file it converts has asynchronus audio and
video tracks. In fact most of the audio track is lost. I suspect that the
data in the queue is not cleared or there is some buffering problem when it
starts the second conversion.... if this is the reason, is there a way to
clear data in the queue element?

Is there any other reason why this might be happening?

I tried using gst_element_send_event( qElement*,
gst_event_new_flush_start())  but that doesn't work and gives an unhandleled
exception.

any replied would be appreciated.