[gst-devel] How to force Playbin to select a source plugin for specific URI?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Mar 23 18:39:32 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM, mistr47 <k0d3r at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Mike for the quick reply.
>
> you are right, Playbin does pick my source plugin to handle url. But the
> problem is i do not want it to pick my plugin for every url of type
> (http://xxxxxx.xxx/xxx) i just want it to call my source plugin when the url
> is of lets say type (http://xxxxxx.xxx/x.AVI). How/where to add this
> functionality.

You cannot and should not do this. If your source element is specific
to a single format, then it's not an http source - so you shouldn't
pretend it is. Presumably instead it's some sort of
combined-http-source-and-avi-demuxer. Instead, you should fix things
up - e.g. use a normal http source, and fix whatever problem you have
with avidemux.

Mike