[gst-devel] Re : Problems playing an open file

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 24 13:19:17 CET 2010

Hi Daniel,
you can't actually read an avi file that is not finalized (not finished) at the time you open it. AVI muxer is not suited for timeshifting. You should consider other type of encoder+muxer, such as mpeg2 + mpegts (ts as transport stream). This will allow the file to be read as soon as you start writing in it, and it will continue playing as long as there is new data to fetch.
Regards,
Al