[gst-devel] Runtime issue with certain plugins

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Wed May 12 21:23:03 CEST 2010

2010/5/12 Greg Wunder <gwunder at eoir.com>:
> In creating my own app that has similar functionality to gst-inspect, I ran
> into an issue with certain plugins being processed.
> Specifically, when I call "gst_element_factory_create (factory,
> feature->name);".
> In this case factory & the passed in name are not null.
> The run-time result is printed out as noted below:
>
> WARNING **: Failed to load plugin 'libgstx264.dll': `libgstx264.dll': The
> specified procedure could not be found.

Most likely this is due to a mismatch in the compiled libraries.
As with most dll problems on Windows, Dependency Walker is your friend.
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Open libgstx264.dll with it and see if all the required DLLs are found
and have the required entry points.

> Does anyone know what causes this or what may be a probable cause of it?
>
> Greg

If you need further assistance, please also state how you obtained the
libraries, i.e. whether you compiled them yourself or from where
you've downloaded them.

Maarten