[gst-devel] Caps problem when writing encoder/decoder

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:29:26 CEST 2010

Hi ,

 I don't understand why do you want to change the mimetype . Because
decoded audio always would have mimetype either audio/x-raw-int or
audio/x-raw-float .

 Just go through the link below , may help you.

 http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-types-definitions.html

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Hunterwood
<markus.jagerskogh at imentum.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m new to GStreamer and try to write a encoder and a decoder for a
> compressed audio format. But I have problems to get the Caps-negotiation to
> work.
>
> I base the code on the gst-template and have basically been looking at the
> alawenc/alawdec as my example.
>

> Everything works fine if I use “ANY” or “audio/x-raw-int” in the source of
> the encoder and sink of the decoder:
>
> static GstStaticPadTemplate gtest_enc_src_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE
> ("src",
>
>     GST_PAD_SRC,
>
>     GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
>
>     GST_STATIC_CAPS ("ANY")
>
> static GstStaticPadTemplate gtest_dec_sink_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE
> ("sink",
>
>     GST_PAD_SINK,
>
>     GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
>
>     GST_STATIC_CAPS ("ANY")
>

> But when I change the MIME-type to something else, like for example
> “audio/mytesttype”, I get the error “WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not
> link gtestenc0 to gtestdec0”.
>
> I’m using the pipeline:
>
> gst-launch-0.10.exe audiotestsrc ! gtestenc ! gtestdec ! audioresample !
> autoaudiosink
>

> I get the same error if I only change one of the two caps:es and keep the
> other one as ANY.
>
> What have I missed? Do I need to register my new type in some way, or what
> could be the problem?
>

> Markus

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht