[gst-devel] mov multiple audio

Ivan Zoli ivan.z at tiscali.it
Thu May 20 15:23:55 CEST 2010

2010/5/20 ivan zoli <ivan_zoli at fastwebnet.it>:
>> I'm trying to record and .mov file with multiple audio tracks.
>> By now the file produced are playble with QuickTime,
>> but I hear both the tracks downmixed.
>> If I try the same pipeline with a .avi file (avimux), for example,
>> it works. Can anyone help me?

> Can you please elaborate what you mean for "it works"? Do you want to
> play only one particular track? If it's so, by which means you want to
> select the audio track?

It works mean that with any player it is possible to enter into the
specific player audio menu and select the audio track I wan to listen.
By default it is played the audio track #1, the one connected to pad audio_0
in the gstreamer muxer plugin.

What I have now is a donwmix of the two audio tracks, but
by further analysis seems that QT can't handle a multiple
audio .mov file. I've installed Perian, open the avi file
with QT+Perian and save the file in .mov. Then if I disable
Perian I'm not able to play back the video with QT.
With Perian I can open the produced .mov and select the audio
track I want to hear.

In the 2nd audio track, for tell the truth, I put some data
that I use for sync with other software. It will be perfect
if the muxer (and the demuxer too) can let me add custom
data to the file.
Otherwise 2nd audio track already works with avi file, so it
will be nice to have it with .mov, even if I need Perian.

Thank you.

Ivan