[gst-devel] Example of sending vorbis audio and theora video through RTP without RTSP

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Thu May 27 08:29:37 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Miguel Telleria de Esteban
<miguel at mtelleria.com> wrote:

> NOTE:  This happens with some other formats as well such has H.264
>       according to what I was informed in the IRC channel.

These information can usually be carried over a standard RTP stream,
it is the (in)famous distinction made between in-band and out-band
so-called "codec-data" in GStreamer that makes the things a little
messy.

For x264enc you should overcome this by using byte-stream=true but,
basically, if the encoder does not support the distinction you must
hack it or rely on a signalling/control protocol to get your
application working.

Regards