[gst-devel] Memory usage is increasing Gstreamer testing

David Hoyt dhoyt at hoytsoft.org
Tue Nov 2 07:48:36 CET 2010

> At this kind of video OBD load, I had seen that Gstreamer creates around
600-700 threads.

I noticed something similar in my own app, but didn't have time to track it
down. What I was able to discover was that gstreamer tasks weren't being
eliminated when I transitioned from NULL -> PLAYING -> READY -> PLAYING ->
READY, etc. My thread count would gradually increase for every transition to
PLAYING, but would then go back to normal after moving to READY. However,
then there was a memory leak. When I did NULL -> PLAYING -> NULL -> PLAYING
-> NULL -> PLAYING, etc., the tasks were successfully removed and the thread
leak went away. I have no idea why that was happening. It was working fine
before...(I don't recall which release, though)