[gst-devel] Null plugin with push support

bielbola carles.b at vector3.es
Thu Nov 4 11:59:01 CET 2010

Hello

I'm Carles, a programmer from Barcelona, Spain.
I have develop a demuxer plugin that doesn't support pull mode. This plugin
cannot support pull mode, because of parsing problems. If I connect its sink
filter directly to a filesrc there is no problem and works fine. But if I do
a pipe like filesrc ! my_null_plugin ! my_demuxer_plugin ... It doen't work
because the my_null_plugin doesn't support push mode.

How can I do that my_null_plugin support push mode? It's base class isn't
GstBaseSrcClass, it is GstElementClass. My intention is that this filter was
"transparent" and if the plugin connected to its sink filter support the
push mode, it also supports it.

Thanks a lot, and sorry my english.