[gst-devel] maximum no. of video streams possible

Parveen Kumar Jain parveen.jain at one97.net
Fri Nov 12 11:14:58 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,
  I am using Gstreamer for one of my bulk call application.In this, I create
a session using sip and then stream the given video files to the remote
machine.
 Now I am trying to scale up the application upto maximum possible on a Quad
Code Machine.I have the video file in 3GPP format(video stream - H263 and
Audio stream -AMR).I am trans-coding only the audio part and streaming it in
PCMA format.Is anyone can give any idea what is maximum no. of calls
possible in this scenario ?
  Apart from Quad core, machine has around 4 GB of RAM available.Is
increasing the RAM can have give any better throughput ?

Best Regards,
Parveen Jain