[gst-devel] udpsink to udpsrc choppy - stacato sine wave

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Nov 22 13:44:10 CET 2010

Marco,

Tghanks for the notes.

First, I  got the 90000 by asking the sending pipe for its caps (fakesink).
I also tried 41400 and some ot her settings.  None improved the morse code
though it effected the speed of it.

I did write this whole thing using gstrtpbin.  If you'll look at my other
recent positing I was looking for help there and kind of had to wing it for
a couple of answers.  Tehsound using the rtpbin is different but still
choppy.  Sometimes more like wow and flutter than like Morse Code.

I did make a sort of wrap test where I sent data from one source into this
pipe on the client.  Sounded great after I took most of the caps out between
the payloader and depayloader.  NOTE:  One of my test programs latches onto
one SSRC, so I did the depayload/payload so I could set fixed SSRCs.

     gst-launch -v udpsrc port=5012 caps=application/x-rtp ! rtpmp4adepay !
queue2 !  rtpmp4apay ssrc=30313233 ! udpsink host=10.253.5.151 port=5002

Wes