[gst-devel] udpsink to udpsrc choppy - stacato sine wave

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 22:22:15 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Wes Miller <wmiller at sdr.com> wrote:

> Marco,
>
> Tghanks for the notes.
>
> First, I  got the 90000 by asking the sending pipe for its caps (fakesink).
> I also tried 41400 and some ot her settings.

probably you meant 44100 and this is a typo. Fwiw, when I tested your
pipes I also got the morse got effect until I used the following:

gst-launch-0.10  udpsrc port=5002 !
"application/x-rtp,media=audio,clock-rate=44100,encoding-name=MP4A-LATM,cpresent=0,config=NULL,payload=96"
! gstrtpjitterbuffer ! rtpmp4adepay !
audio/mpeg,channels=2,rate=44100,mpegversion=4,stream-format=raw,codec_data=\(buffer\)1210
 ! ffdec_aac ! pulsesink

> None improved the morse code

Strange, not even when setting sync=false on pulsesink? There must
definitely be something wrong with your network/systems then. Maybe
you want to attach a tcpdump here.

> though it effected the speed of it.
>
> I did write this whole thing using gstrtpbin.  If you'll look at my other
> recent positing I was looking for help there and kind of had to wing it for
> a couple of answers.  Tehsound using the rtpbin is different but still
> choppy.  Sometimes more like wow and flutter than like Morse Code.
>
> I did make a sort of wrap test where I sent data from one source into this
> pipe on the client.  Sounded great after I took most of the caps out between
> the payloader and depayloader.  NOTE:  One of my test programs latches onto
> one SSRC, so I did the depayload/payload so I could set fixed SSRCs.

fixing the SSRC is not really the usual way to go, btw I don't know
what your requirements are. I understand that anyway things are now
working with the below mentioned pipeline (probably because negotiated
caps are just fine). You can dump what you negotiated using the -m -v
options in gst-launch.

Regards