[gst-devel] How to avoid warning gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id deprecated in python ?

Nicolas Bertrand nico at inattendu.org
Wed Nov 24 05:54:46 CET 2010

Hi,
I was running an application written on python under ubuntu (10.04) linux.

I use the dev source of gstreamer ( 0.10.30.4)

When displaying on Gtk drawarea widget I have a warning :

WARN                 default xoverlay.c:354:gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id:<autovideosink0-actual-sink-xvimage>  Using deprecated gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id()

And In bus sync handler I use set_xwindow_id.

So how in python avoid this warning ?
Is there a python version of the example (GstXOverlay and Gtk+) given
in  gstxoverlay plug-in reference manual
(http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstxoverlay.html
).
Is that possible to write in python ?

Thks in advance