[gst-devel] How to create a video recording buffer from a live broadcast and read from it at the same time

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 11:13:38 CET 2010

Hi I want to create a program using gstreamer that when activated starts to record a live broadcast and when requested starts to deliver what is being recorded from the beginning of the record while keeping on recording on the other end (the live broadcast). At some point I want to ignore recording and go live. I hope gstreamer could be used to do this. Basically my problem is to create a buffer of a file that I can read and write into it at the same time.  Please advice me how I can do this.

Thank you.

Best regards,

- Zelalem S.