[gst-devel] Timestamping problem with gdppay element

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 12:35:01 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:58 PM, 4ernov <4ernov at gmail.com> wrote:

..snip..

>> have you ruled out the possibility to use native X facilities for
>> this? For instance, you could use the "display" property of the second
>> xvimagesink to perform the rendering on a different server, or the
>> "device" one if you actually are on the same device
>>
>> note: on some systems it requires to enable tcp connections for the X server.
>
> Yes, I tried to set "display" property but with no success. Don't
> actually know whether tcp connections are enabled on my X server, will
> try it and "device" property, too, thank you.

on Ubuntu, give a look at /etc/gdm/gdm.schemas and set
"security/DisallowTCP" to "false".

restart your X server and then write from a terminal where the DISPLAY
variable is properly set:

xhost +

note that the things of above allow access to your X server from any
devices in the network (an beyond) so it should really be something to
use only for debug purposes. For stricter security, check the
documentation about xhost and gdm.

> By the way, setting async option to "true" as you suggested really
> works, but as expected it makes syncronization lost. "max-lateness"
> doesn't make any sense (tried from little intervals e.g. 200 to bigger
> ones (15000000) with no success.

the max-lateness option is in ns, so you've basically set the delay to
200ms. What if you try something more substantial, let's say more than
one second?

(not that I'm saying this is the best way to proceed, but I'm just curious).

Regards

..snip..