[gst-devel] Timeshifting feature in GStreamer

Silvio lucio Oliva silvio.oliva at ymail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:23:12 CEST 2010

> Slow-down timeshifting could be done.
> Speed-up timeshifting requires the ability to seek.
>
> Have you checked out the 'pitch' plugin... which also does
> time stretch?
>
> -gabriel

Hi Gabriel,
thanks for your answer.
I guess my previous message was not very clear, since I actually meant to say
something different.
By timeshifting I mean the possibility to record a live program (e.g. a DVB
program) to a storage device, for playing it when the user wants, even if the
recording is not complete yet.
For example you may want to pause a live program, enable the recording and
resume the viewing, from the point where the program has been paused, without
losing any scene and also allowing seeking.
Such a feature is available nowadays in many player (e.g. Kaffeine), but not in
Totem since not supported by GStreamer.

I hope it's clearer now.

Thanks,
Silvio