[gst-devel] gstreamer audio cache

gstUser bnakattack at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:58:25 CEST 2010

I have the following pipeline: filesrc ! mp3decoder ! alsasink

I am experiencing at times slow responses in playing an mp3.  Sometimes the
mp3 (2 second file) takes 2 or 3 seconds to start playing.  I was hoping to
either cache the data on the filesrc side to prevent file reads, or cache
the decoded data on the alsasink side.

I have tried caching the data on the filesrc side, however the file only
plays on the first try.  Each successive try does not seem to write the data
to the ring buffer.

Is there a way to cache the audio data on the alsasink side?