[gst-devel] Does GStreamer has a plan to support DRM (e.g. OMA DRM)?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Wed Oct 13 05:40:09 CEST 2010

Does GStreamer has a plan to support DRM at the framework level? To provide a framework to handle different kinds of DRM solutions at the device end?
I saw there is a discussion in 2005 but there is no further update.

We want to provide a GStreamer-based solution to play media contents protected by OMA DRM 1.0. OMA DRM 1.0 is a open DRM standard. It wraps or encrypted the original media content in a wrapper file format. I wonder whether GStreamer will provide a standard workflow for us to write decryption plug-ins for the pipeline.

Thanks
Amanda