[gst-devel] Does GStreamer has a plan to support DRM (e.g. OMA DRM)?

Gruenke, Matt mgruenke at Tycoint.com
Fri Oct 15 07:00:06 CEST 2010

What kind of framework support would it need?

For most formats, need only supply your own elements to
encrypt/encode/encapsulate/mux and decrypt/decode/de-encapsulate/demux.
For the rest of the tasks, you can use the standard elements.

As a framework, GStreamer already has enough flexibility to accommodate
most formats and applications.  There are only a few significant
limitations that I've encountered - such as the inability to associate
any information with a buffer that will survive arbitrary
transformations.

Matt