[gst-devel] long pauses during rtsp playback

Doug Crawford dcraw101 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 20:09:12 CEST 2010

I tried setting the framerate on the AXIS video server to 5 fps, but have the
same bursty video.  The only difference is now after I run the gstreamer
rtsp client on my OMAP3EVM there is an even longer pause of around 60
seconds until I see the first frame.  If I set the AXIS server to 30 fps
then the delay is about 12 seconds before I see the first frame.  Also, the
pause between bursts is more or less proportional to the framerate: 2-3
second at 30fps, 8-10 seconds at 5fps.

I have been able to successfully play regular mpeg4 and h.264 video files
using the same TIDmaiVideoSink.  For example this pipeline displays a ntsc_1
video just fine: gst-launch --gst-debug=2 filesrc
location=/opt/davincieffect_ntsc_1.m4v ! TIViddec2 codecName=mpeg4dec
engineName=codecServer ! TIDmaiVideoSink videoStd=VGA videoOutput=LCD
rotation=90 sync=false.

I am building the gstreamer framework using the TI Arago project targeting
the OMAP3EVM evaluation board.