[gst-devel] Does GStreamer has a plan to support DRM (e.g. OMA DRM)?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Tue Oct 19 05:37:20 CEST 2010

Many thanks for your information, Matt!

We want to support OMA DRM 1.0. It protects the content by adding a encryption wrapper outside the original media file. To play the media, the wrapper must be removed and decryption is need to extract the original media file.

Is it possible to insert a DRM filter plug-in between the filesrc plug-in and demuxer plug-in?  The DRM filer can remove the wrapper and do decryption if need, or just let data pass through if no DRM wrapper is present.

Is the following pipe possible for the playbin?
Type finding:
Filesrc -> DRM wrapper filter  -> typefind -> fakesink

Playback:
Filesrc -> DRM wrapper filter  -> demuxer -> decoder -> render

Best Regards
Amanda