[gst-devel] Help on execution speed and optimization in gst-launch.

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 20:13:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:31 PM, tamil arasu <marasu2010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> We are using
> gst-plugins-bad-0.10.13,gst-plugins-base-0.10.23,gst-plugins-good-0.10.14.
> we are using pipeline below mentioned
>
> gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.223/mpeg4 latency=100
> name=demux demux. ! queue ! rtpmp4vdepay ! mpeg4videoparse !
> dmaidec_mpeg4 ! TIDmaiVideoSink videoOutput=LCD videoStd=320X240
> demux. ! queue ! rtppcmudepay ! mulawdec ! alsasink
>

>   gst-launch application takes 3-4 second for displaying video on Output
> device(LCD).
> Please suggest me is their any way to optimize the execution time.

The version at HEAD should contain a few optimisations good to reduce the
set-up latencies. Unfortunately, I don't think your system will ever be able
to get anything better than 2 seconds, mainly because of this:

https://gstreamer.ti.com/gf/project/gstreamer_ti/forum/?_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=3676&action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=187

I would suggest you to try with gst-dsp.

Regards