[gst-devel] connecting gdkpixbufsink and xvimagesink to a tee

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:46:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

xvimagesink supports both yuv and rgb format , but gdkpixbufsink supports
only rgb  format  So while "caps negotiations" yuv format has been aggreed
between videotestsrc and xvimagesink , but that is not supported by
gdkpixbufsink.  But to do your job done you can use ffmpegcolorspace between
queue and gdkpixbufsink .

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Erik Blankinship <jedierikb at gmail.com>wrote:

> gst-launch videotestsrc ! tee name=t ! queue ! xvimagesink t. ! queue !
> gdkpixbufsink
>
> Any ideas why this pipeline does not work?  I can videotestsrc directly to
> either xvimagesink or gdkpixbufsink.  And if I swap out gdkpixbufsink for
> fakesink, that works too.
>
> ( I am trying to play back a video and want to grab an occasional frame
> from the gdkpixbufsink. )
>
> Results in this error:
>
>  Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
>  ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
> Internal data flow error.
>  Additional debug info:
>  gstbasesrc.c(2550): gst_base_src_loop ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
>  streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
>  ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
>  Setting pipeline to NULL ...
>  Freeing pipeline ...

> Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America
> contest
> Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
> $10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in
> marketing
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht