[gst-devel] connecting gdkpixbufsink and xvimagesink to a tee

Erik Blankinship jedierikb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 01:56:24 CEST 2010

gst-launch videotestsrc ! tee name=t ! queue ! xvimagesink t. ! queue !
gdkpixbufsink

Any ideas why this pipeline does not work?  I can videotestsrc directly to
either xvimagesink or gdkpixbufsink.  And if I swap out gdkpixbufsink for
fakesink, that works too.

( I am trying to play back a video and want to grab an occasional frame from
the gdkpixbufsink. )

Results in this error:

Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
Internal data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2550): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVideoTestSrc:videotestsrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...