[gst-devel] rtpbin + mpegtsmux

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Sep 20 13:36:14 CEST 2010

On 09/18/2010 10:51 AM, Marc Leeman wrote:
>> Sadly, even though the server is pumping out data, I don't see
>> anything at the client (my xvimagesink window never opens up)
>>
>> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or how to diagnose this?
>
> You�e probably not sending the data for the decoder to start decoding
> (NAL 7/8). Try starting the decoder before the sender and see if you get
> video decoded.
>
> If so, add a recent h264parser in the chain and it should remultiplex
> the correct data into the stream for the decoder to start decoding.

I am already using the very latest release of everything.
   gstreamer         0.10.30
   gst-plugins-good  0.10.25
   gst-plugins-base  0.10.30
   gst-plugins-bad   0.10.20
   gst-plugins-ugly  0.10.16

> Why are you first putting your data into TS and then again in RTP?

Because that's what the customer wants :-)

My understanding is that TS is a container that will eventually contain
both video and audio and is not network worthy by itself, hence the RTP
(RealTime [network] protocol)