[gst-devel] Interest in Matlab plugin loader

Gibro Vacco gibrovacco at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:52:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

----- Messaggio originale -----
> Just throwing this out there, but is anyone interested in a plugin loader
> for Matlab? I'm thinking something along the lines of the frei0r plugin,
> but able to support a wider variety of video formats, particularly higher
> bitdepths like 16-bit and floating point. Matlab code would need to be
> compiled obviously, and bumps the barrier to entry way up ($5,000 for a
> commercial license), so it's pretty much limited to academic and
> commercial use.

Why not to use octave instead of Matlab? I've been comparing them for closed loop control systems design (both discrete and continuous) and I found, at the end of the day, very few differences. Another project, known as scilab, should even be able to execute matlab programs (afair).

OT: I've always been fascinated about the possibility to implement a closed-loop control system with GStreamer, but never had time. Maybe after retirement ;)...

Regards