[gst-devel] H264 problems

Andrey Nechypurenko andreynech at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:43:57 CEST 2010

> and this one stall?
>
>gst-launch -v v4l2src num-buffers=200 !
>    'video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480,format=(fourcc)UYVY' !
>    \ ffmpegcolorspace !
>    'video/x-raw-yuv,width=720,height=480,format=(fourcc)I420' !
>    x264enc ! filesink location=/tmp/hold.h264

I would suggest to try the following. Run your pipeline with
increased debug level, i.e. GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch ... and search
for any relevant messages which might give you the hint about
what is going wrong. In addition, I remember some strange
behavior got fixed by explicitly mentioning the framerate. In
your case, for example, in caps filter right after v4l2src add
framerate=30/1 or whatever is appropriate frame rate for your
camera.

In addition, since you are using gstreamer on TI platform, you
can consider asking the question also here:
https://gstreamer.ti.com/gf/project/gstreamer_ti/forum/?action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=187

Regards,
Andrey.