[gst-devel] ErroR:

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 16:20:44 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 17:05 +0530, liJin wrote:

Hi,

>  I just developed a software record multiple streams and record it in
> to different files simultaneously ... It was all written in C and now
> i am getting some error
>
> like
>
>   (<unknown>:21724): GStreamer-WARNING **: failed to create thread:
> Error creating thread: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
>   gst_adapter_take: assertion `nbytes > 0' failed
>
> I just checked number of threads used by my program and it take only
> 15 threads and it was recording 3 different streams. I have no idea
> whats happening...
>
> Any solutions...?

Without more information, it's hard to say anything useful here. We
don't even know the pipeline(s) you are using or the elements involved.
Or your code.

You can run your code in gdb with the G_DEBUG=fatal_warnings environment
variable set, then it will break at the first warning and you can
investigate with 'bt' where it comes from. Alternatively, set a break
point on g_logv() or so.

 Cheers
  -Tim

PS: a more descriptive subject line would be nice next time