[gst-devel] udpsrc - multicast - IGMP version

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 00:29:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

According to the code of udpsrc, IGMP V2 is used. At least the part of the
code that uses winsock. Not sure on linux.
I mean when joining a multicast group, an IGMP packet is send and its IGMP
version is 2 because of the way winsock is used (structures for V2 are used)

I think udpsrc should also support IGMP V3.  Newer TV broadcast platform use
it (such as MediaRoom).
And for example  it would be activated through a property 'igmp-version'.

Should I create a bug or was it already discussed and rejected ?

Sincerely
Julien