[gst-devel] Contribute to gstreamer project

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Sep 23 11:17:38 CEST 2010

On 23.09.2010 00:09, Chinmaya Padhi wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I wanted to contribute to the gstreamer project. Initally by starting
> with some bug fixes. I have taken the gstreamer module of the
> GStreamer project from the git.
Just for your information, the project consists of the gstreamer (core)
module, several gst-plugins-xxx modules (base, good, ugly, bad, opengl),
gst-ffmpeg, gst-python and others.

> Could build it on my linux workstation. Now since the gstreamer is a
> framework do we have any example applications to test ? How should one
> approach
> in terms of bug fixing or feature enhancements ?

Each module runs the module testsuite when doing "make check".  Also
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/
lists applications that use gstreamer. If you are running a gnome
desktop, e.g. totem and rythmbox use it.

Bugs and Feature requests are tracked in
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3A%22GStreamer%22+

Stefan