[gst-devel] Stopping and restarting tcpclientsrc, what am I doing wrong?

Inaky Perez-Gonzalez inaky at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 29 07:10:41 CEST 2010

Hi All

I am working on a demo concept where I have a video streaming to a
tcpserversink and a client reading with a tcpclientsrc.

The idea is that an external agent can drive the tcpclientsrc
connection from being playing to stopped and viceversa. The final
intention is that if network connectivity changes, for example, it
is lost, network manager can tell it to stop without killing the
pipeline and when it comes back, it can re-starts. As well, if we
switch from say wifi to ethernet, it just closes the socket and
reopens it, with a "minimal" glitch in the middle.

The attached [crude] example does more or less that, but using the
standard input to feed the events (online/offline/reroute [which means
online->offline->online]).

The issue is that when I run it (type 'online'), the video starts
streaming ok. When I stop it (type 'offline'), it stops as expected.

However, if you type 'online' again, the pipeline doesn't
restart.

I added some tracing to the tcpclientsrc functions and I
could see how the 'gst_tcp_client_src_create()' function was being
called, but nothing is displayed and at some point it stopped being
called.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!