[gst-devel] Switching two video sources with input-selector

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Sep 28 19:41:47 CEST 2010

Heya,

I am trying to build an application with GStreamer that allows
switching between two video sources dynamically, one being a
live-video (videotestsrc for now), and the other a filesrc. The sink
is a standard xvimagesink.

The goal is to do the switching with as little latency as possible,
and also only running the elements that are necessary for each source.
Wim Taymans recommended to use an "input-selector" for switching
between the sources, which makes sense to me.

However, how should the pipeline design look? Would I need two
pipelines, one for each source, and play/pause them dynamically? Where
must the input-selector and the sink go?

Thanks,
Mark.

--
Mark Kretschmann