[streaming source plugin] : Info needed

satish pattar satish.pattar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 02:46:54 PDT 2011

Hello Stefan,

I don't want to use playbin2 since I see playbin2 is beffering & playing.
Let me explain my set up to make you understand my problem.
I am mounting the media files residing on my phone (twonkey server is
running on my phone) on to my PC using djmount client running on my pc over
WiFi.
Once mount is successful , I see all the media files look like a regular
file (i can do open/seek etc on the files).

For example I see the files mounted in my pc at
/home/upnp/Twonkey_Mobile/Music/All_tracks/*.mp3

I don't know how to find out the URI associated with each file to provide it
to souphttpsrc plugin.

One more experiment I did , I just tried fdsrc instead of filesrc by opening
an upnp mp3 file & providing it's "fd" to it. This plays fine without any
buffering & there are no breaks in the audio.

Do you see any limitation in making use of this plugin ?

Also with fdsrc I am able to seek forward correctly but on seek backward say
for "n" sec , I am hearing no sound for "n" sec & exactly after n sec,
playback starts from the new seeked position in the stream. Is there any
thing wrong  I am doing in passing the seek event? or Is it the limitation
of fdsrc. ?

// code snippet for seeking

void seek_handler (double displacement) // displacement is in second
  {

    GstFormat fmt = GST_FORMAT_TIME;
    gint64    cur_pos;
    gst_element_query_position (pipeline, &fmt, &cur_pos);

    double new_pos_sec = cur_pos * (1.0 / GST_SECOND) + displacement;

    seek (new_pos_sec * GST_SECOND);

  }

void  seek (gint64 new_pos)
  {
   if (new_pos < 0)
      new_pos = 0;
    gst_element_seek (pipeline, 1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME, GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,
    new_pos, GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE,  GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE);
  }

Thanks & Regards
Satish

Thanks & Regards,