videolength == -1 :(

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 01:37:21 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 11:16 +0530, jeetu.golani at gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

> I need to retrieve the videolength of a mythtv recorded nuv file with
> mpeg4 video and mp3 audio. I'm using the discoverer module in python
> to retrieve media info. I'm able to get other values correctly such as
> the media_type (shows video/x-nuv), width,height,etc however for
> videolength I get a -1. Am not sure what this means. Admittedly I'm
> not very good with gstreamer :)

If it works with other files/file types, it's probably not your code.

It looks like nuvdemux in gst-plugins-bad just doesn't
extract/provide/estimate that information. I don't know if that's
readily available or easy to do, but maybe you could file a bug in
bugzilla, then someone will take a look at it.

Cheers
 -Tim