videolength == -1 :(

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:20:59 PDT 2011

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for your response. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or
some expected behaviour in this situation. It works for the avi file
type but not for nuv, so I think I'll file in the bug and hope someone
can figure this out.

Other than gstreamer is there any other way I can get this
information? ffprobe give me an estimation that is inaccurate probably
since its using bitrate to do a calculation, a 5 minute clip shows up
as 7.x mins. VLC and other players are able to show the right time so
I'm guessing there must be a way.

Thanks so much for your help.

Bye for now