Help with Gstreamer and RTSP with Axis Camera

Tom Hendrick sdtom182 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 10:33:10 PDT 2011

I tried:

 gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.0.90/mpeg4/media.amp ! rtpmp4vdepay ! filesink=txcap.ts

and I didn't get the link error and it saved to a file.

When I try to play it with gstreamer using:

gst-launch playbin uri=file://txcap.ts, or gst-launch-0.10 playbin2 uri=file://txcap.ts,

it plays too fast and the lower half of the each frame has some weird block distortions.

When I do:
mplayer txcap.ts  it also plays too fast but I don't see the weird block distortions on the lower left half of each frame, but when I do mplayer -fps 1 txcap.ts it plays fine.

When I do gst-launch playbin uri=rtsp://192.168.0.90/mpeg4/media.amp  it shows the video feed just fine without that distotion in the lower half.  I'd like to make the saved file work with gstreamer because I had some cache problems with mplayer on the receiver in the past.

Could it have anything to do with the fact Axis uses MPEG-ES formats?
Any other ideas?

Thanks
Tom