AAC audio decoding error

Paulo Paiva paivalhao at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 17:18:02 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am using the streaming examples given for RTP streaming, changed the
video source to my webcamera and the audio source to the microphone.
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/tests/examples/rtp/server-v4l2-H264-alsasrc-PCMA.sh)

The video works great but the audio when I change it from alawenc /
alawdec to faac/faad (or ffenc_aac/ffdec_aac) it doesn't work anymore
(and I changed the audio pay and depay to rtpmp4apay/rtpmp4adepay). The
code is annexed and the error is listed bellow.

ERROR ( Output from the client):
$ ./v4l2client.sh >clientoutput
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFaad:faad0: Could not
decode stream.
Additional debug info:
gstfaad.c(1312): gst_faad_chain (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFaad:faad0:
faacDecInit2() failed

Thanks all for the help!

--
Paulo Paiva