Where can I get helixbin plugin

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 01:26:52 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 14:19 +0800, yinxb wrote:
> Hi
>
>   I am a new comer to gstreamer.
>   Recently,I used the tracker to check the rm/rmvb videofiles in Meego.
> Because the tracker uses the tracker-extract-helix to get the rm/rmvb
> metainfo,code pieces are as followed:
> ------
> extractor->playbin = gst_element_factory_make ("helixbin", "playbin");
> ------
> But there is not helixplugin in Meego,
> So,Where can I get the gstreamer helixbin plugins?
>
> ps
> rm/rmvb files can be played from the commandline using playbin2.

  That last line is the answer to your problem.

  Or more extensively:
  * helixbin was a hack from several years back for a very specific
device.
  * If works with playbin2 ... so just make real files 'analyzed' by the
standard tracker extraction tool
  * Kill/remove/anihilate the helix extractor
  * And if you want better performances, you should consider moving the
extractor code over to GstDiscoverer[1] which will do what you want and
more.

   Edward

[1]
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstdiscoverer.html